Jackson, Melanie J
Jackson, Melanie J | Principal Broker | Little Rock, AR
09/12/2011 | Hearing No. 3159
Respondents: Melanie J. Jackson, Principal Broker, and Holly C. Stevens, Salesperson, Unlimited Properties, Little Rock, AR
Violations: Commission Regulations 10.10(a), 10.12(b), and 10.4(b).
Completion of at least 30 hours post-license broker course (Melanie Jackson) and at least 18 hours post-license salesperson course (Holly C Stevens), both in addition to the annual required continuing education.On October 21, 2009, at Respondent Stevens’ request, the Complainant Seller signed a blank Exclusive Right-to-Sell Agreement. Respondent Stevens did not sign the Sales Contract as the listing licensee or as the licensee who received the offer from the Buyer.
- Respondent Jackson entered a closing date of November 18, 2009 on the Real Estate Contract. The transaction did not close on November 18, 2009 and neither Respondent obtained a written agreement between the parties to extend the closing date.
- On January 7, 2010, a General Addendum was signed by the Complainant Seller and the Buyer amending the sales price, with Buyer to pay his own closing costs and the closing date to be extended to January 31, 2010.
- The transaction did not close on January 31, 2010 and neither respondent obtained a written agreement to extend the closing date.
- On March 15, 2010, a General Addendum was signed by Complainant Seller, the Buyer and Respondent Jackson changing the amount of the sales commission.
- On March 29, 2010 the closing occurred and Complainant Seller paid the Buyer’s closing costs.
Posted on 09/12/2011
by Pierre Bass